In terms of the latest trends on how folks are viewing YouTube videos—when, where, and also what—there are plenty of misconceptions. Right here we break down the latest stats on YouTube watch behavior and bust some fables that are typical.
Myth: When people watch YouTube on their mobile devices, it’s during the day and “on the go”.
Reality: The majority of watch time on YouTube is mobile, yet many marketers nevertheless believe mobile viewing translates to short, daytime, on-the-go sessions. In fact, with regards to YouTube viewing behavior, mobile is a complete great deal like TV: The world watches at home, during prime time, and on horizontally oriented screens.
- On mobile alone, in a week that is average, YouTube reaches more adults 18+ during prime time than any cable system does.
- 3 in 4 adults report watching YouTube at home on the mobile phones.
- Home mobile YouTube viewing occurs primarily during prime time.
- 7 in 10 people default to horizontal viewing when watching videos on their phones.
- YouTube mobile users are 2X as likely to pay close attention while watching YouTube compared to TV users while watching TV.
Myth: YouTube is just for watching viral videos.
Reality: People get lost spending time on YouTube for a lot of reasons. Whether they want to learn, laugh, catch up on pop culture, jam out to their favorite music, or lean back for a show, people can find whatever they’re looking for on YouTube.
- Almost 4X as many individuals prefer viewing video on YouTube as on social platforms that are less video-centric.
- The top two reasons people watch YouTube are “to relax” and “to feel entertained”.
- The very best four content categories watched by YouTube users are comedy, music, entertainment/pop culture, and “how to”.
- 68% of YouTube users watched YouTube to help make a purchase decision.
Agile Media advices
Follow us on our Agile Media Blog, on our Facebook Page Agile Media, on our Twitter Account Agile Media and on our LinkedIn page Agile Media to receive news as well as tips on Marketing, SEO, Google Analytics, Google Adwords.
We offer the following services: